Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 12-01-2017, 06:26 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeauvaisc View Post
I've read the Hollywood Choir's manual and there is some info in there about Play 6. It seems that the only major improvement and it is something that's going to be extremely helpful is the addition of a browser with info tags of each patches. I hope they'll have included technical info about the actual articulations. Like what CC does what as some articulations do not all respond the same way. For some CC1 is crossfade and others, CC1 is modulation and CC11 is crossfade. I hope it'll be included in the info tabs. I hope they made all of this clear. I've been working with there libraries for years now and have read the manuals a few times but I still get confused on some of there abbreviations.
The major addition, which took about a year of work to create, is the search instrument database that will find instruments in seconds ready for loading, and allow you to mark (and search for) favorites, add your own notes, etc.

For example, ComposerCloud members have access to 10,000+ instruments across 60 products if they installed everything. They can now find where every 'bass' is in all 60 collections in seconds, that is both revealing and a big time saver.

We also had a lot of requests from Akai/M-Audio VIP keyboard users and NI keyboard users to support their hardware, that is also in this release.

The new (collapsable) sidebar provides information that was formally hidden in advanced properties.

For working composers that rely on our instruments to output their work, time is everything, so we are trying to speed up their workflow.

There will be more coming in the future, yes, we actually read the 'suggestion box'.

Last edited by admin; 12-01-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Silver Member

Fleer is on a distinguished road

And sound/patch preview with my Kontrol S keyboard?
Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Hollywood Solo Violin Diamond, Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Choirs, VOTA, Pianos Platinum, Fab Four, Ghostwriter, Gypsy, Silk, Voices of Passion, Spaces
Old 12-01-2017, 06:41 AM

Xaviez is on a distinguished road

Any updates/changes to how purging samples work?
Being able to purge all samples in Kontakt and then have it automagically load only the necessary samples as I start playing the keyboard is such a workflow improvement that this alone pushes me to use Kontakt over Play.

I get that this isnt a huge feature for people with massive rigs with loads of RAM, but many composers work on laptops these days and are limited to 16GB (or best case scenario 32GB) of RAM.

Last edited by admin; 12-01-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 AM

fbeauvaisc is an unknown quantity at this point

It all sounds terrific!

I'd love to see a master mic position and master envelope kind of like the master reverb. I've started to use multitimbral patches with 16 articulations on 16 midi channels and it would be a huge time saver. Right now, lowering the fader of a particular instrument's mic, I have to do it manually on all 16 articulations. In my VE Pro template, I have main and close always loaded so having a master mic positions mixer would be great.

If there's a quicker way to do it right now that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

Thanks,

RME Fireface UFX
Master - p9x79 - i7-4820k - 32gb DDR3 - Win10 - Cubase 9.5
Slave - x79z - i7-3960x - 32gb DDR3 - Win10 - VE Pro 6

Last edited by admin; 12-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviez View Post
Any updates/changes to how purging samples work?
Being able to purge all samples in Kontakt and then have it automagically load only the necessary samples as I start playing the keyboard is such a workflow improvement that this alone pushes me to use Kontakt over Play.

I get that this isnt a huge feature for people with massive rigs with loads of RAM, but many composers work on laptops these days and are limited to 16GB (or best case scenario 32GB) of RAM.
The manual will be online on Monday.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member

christerholm is an unknown quantity at this point

So does this mean no more free updates ever again for us regular joes who own older CCC etc? The last update of Play 5 will be our final destination?

Last edited by admin; 12-01-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christerholm View Post
So does this mean no more free updates ever again for us regular joes who own older CCC etc? The last update of Play 5 will be our final destination?
It depends on whether it's an update for maintenance purposes or an upgrade with significant features, and this one is only $29.99, a trip to Starbucks.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik Raab View Post
Admin, question about PLAY 6 and the 29.99.
I'm switching to a master/slave setup at the end of this month. My master has ComposersCloud X (including Choirs), my slave has my "old" iLok with my Diamond licenses. Does this mean I will have to pay to use PLAY 6 on both computers? If I don't pay, only my master can use PLAY 6?
You get 2 installs with PLAY 6 so you should be OK.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Silver Member

Richard Bowling is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You get 2 installs with PLAY 6 so you should be OK.
I just want to be clear — $30 gets 2 play installs? So if you needed more than 2 play installs you would need to pay $30?

http://richardbowling.com
Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christerholm View Post
Good point. I've spent thousands on EW stuff for the past ten years, seems ridiculous to charge $29 (or $40 cdn) so that we can enjoy the benefits of the upgrade. If it's just a "trip to Starbucks", then just make it free for those have already shelled out. It's the principle.