Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 01-03-2018, 05:29 AM
Gold Member

djwayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey what's up ?? It's been a while...

but I'm back at it again, making music with the computer....I've been upgrading everything, sound samples included...basically just for kicks and family and friends. For practice, I've been downloading stock midi files of hit songs and re-doing them with SO. I'm finally getting good at it, so I want more sounds....

Performer, writer, owner of a very well equipped home studio. My East West collection includes Symphonic Orchestra Silver and Gold, Goliath, Gypsy, Fab Four, Silver Bechstein Piano, Gold Pianos, ProDrummer Vol 1 & 2, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Solo Violin Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Percussion Gold, RA, Ghostwriter, QL Spaces, and Play 6.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Cool. Awesome to have you back, Wayne.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.30, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 01-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Gold Member

It's awesome to be back. East West has made some great progress over the years. The Play 6 browser is great, I love the new search capability, and it loads up so fast !!!! Great job !!!!!

My libraries are sounding great and I now have lots of sounds to choose from. I've ditched my hardware sound modules for software and am very happy with the new workflow. I'm now using PreSonus Studio One 3 Pro as my main DAW and it's working great with the new East West Play 6. My Symphonic Orchestra samples sounded so great, I was inspired to buy more East West programs. Even though my programs are a little old, they stand the test of time by the quality of the sounds. Very usable !!!!!

Performer, writer, owner of a very well equipped home studio. My East West collection includes Symphonic Orchestra Silver and Gold, Goliath, Gypsy, Fab Four, Silver Bechstein Piano, Gold Pianos, ProDrummer Vol 1 & 2, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Solo Violin Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Percussion Gold, RA, Ghostwriter, QL Spaces, and Play 6.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:42 AM
Gold Member

My mini home studio....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Are those Yamaha HS8's?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Gold Member

Yes and they sound fabulous !!

Old 01-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

*sniff* Two monitors.

Aweseme looking setup!

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.30, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 01-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Gold Member

Thanks !! Yes it an awesome setup, great workflow, easy to use, sounds great, has motorized faders on the DAW control surface.....wonderful Dell computer, i5 processor, 1 terabyte hard drive, 2-256 SSD drives, USB3 support, dual monitor outputs, 16 gigs memory......Focusrite 2i2 and 18i8 interfaces, latest addition is a Logitech Marble Mouse track ball.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
Yes and they sound fabulous !!
I also bought a pair last year, absolutely love them.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Gold Member

Yes, me too...the 8" speaker provides a nice rich bass tone that 5 or 7" speakers don't. I tried NS-10's but I never liked them because there was no bass, you couldn't hear the low end, how ya supposed to mix something you can't hear ?? After hearing these I couldn't sell those NS-10's fast enough.