Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2017, 04:12 PM

adminatron is on a distinguished road

yeah well I mean, SM + breath controller is a match made in heaven, but that also costs a lot more to get going...

but a cheap breath controller on the other hand can squeeze more out of your brass/woods and even strings, while still setting you up for the SM route down the line.

I'm considering a swap back to HB mostly just because I can't get the roli to play well with SM brass... roli + swam instruments is a dream come true - but roli + kontakt is meh, however it seems to work decently well with play.

also - the chet singer reaktor ensembles have some good stuff if you get a breath controller, so that's potentially free if you have reaktor

there are a ton of midi plugins, and that's what I suggest using tbh... you can pick up the Piz midiconverter and turn incoming CC2 to CC1 or CC11 if you'd like on a per plugin basis... this lets you keep your BC at CC2 incase you want to use it differently than just replacing your modwheel... i.e. using modwheel for dynamics and breath for vibrato

i7 5960x -128 gb 2800 cas 14 corsair dominator platinum - asus rampage V extreme

Plugins: Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Platinum, Sampletank 3, Komplete 10 Ultimate, LA scoring strings Full, EWQL Silk, Ra, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra, Gyspy, Spaces, Symphonic Choirs, Waves Gold Bundle