Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box > PLAY - Suggestions
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 09:46 PM

keyman_sam is on a distinguished road
Default Can we please have Double-click defaults in PLAY?

I love Composer Cloud but it is so darn tiring to go from one sound to the next, always having to click 'Replace'.

Can we have a simplified browsing experience by having a double-click default to replace all instruments or add to instrument? Much like Kontakt...

Taking that a step further would be keyboard shortcuts for "next" or "previous" - that'd be AWESOME - no more mousing around!

Oh - Hi!
Old 01-02-2016, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Moved this to the suggestion box.

Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.30, PLAY v4.X.X, EastWest et alii
Old 01-02-2016, 07:39 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman_sam View Post
I love Composer Cloud but it is so darn tiring to go from one sound to the next, always having to click 'Replace'.

Can we have a simplified browsing experience by having a double-click default to replace all instruments or add to instrument? Much like Kontakt...

Taking that a step further would be keyboard shortcuts for "next" or "previous" - that'd be AWESOME - no more mousing around!

Oh - Hi!
Most users already double click on the instrument to load it instead of using the button, so if we removed the 'replace' prompt they would probably get pretty upset when their currently loaded instruments disappear.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Platinum˛ Member

pkm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Most users already double click on the instrument to load it instead of using the button, so if we removed the 'replace' prompt they would probably get pretty upset when their currently loaded instruments disappear.

There could, of course, be an option.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm View Post
There could, of course, be an option.
And what specifically would that option be considering there are multiple scenarios the software needs instructions for?
Old 01-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Platinum˛ Member

pkm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
And what specifically would that option be considering there are multiple scenarios the software needs instructions for?
The same options as the dialog box, right? Replace All, Replace Selected, or Add? I haven't used Play in a couple years so I forget exactly how it's worded.

Tell you what, you tell me what the multiple scenarios are, and I'll tell you what the option should be, but I want a consulting fee.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm View Post
The same options as the dialog box, right? Replace All, Replace Selected, or Add? I haven't used Play in a couple years so I forget exactly how it's worded.

Tell you what, you tell me what the multiple scenarios are, and I'll tell you what the option should be, but I want a consulting fee.
Or, I'll waive my consulting fee and list them out for you if you guys promise to implement it

Preferences:
On double-click:
- Prompt for load options (default -the behavior we have currently)
- Replace selected instrument
- Add to existing instrument
- Replace All

In my case I would choose 'Replace selected instrument' since that is what I do mostly. Easy breezy.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:39 PM

Couldn't edit my post, so I'm adding some test cases:

1). Adding an instrument (Preferences: Double click replaces selected instrument):
- Click the Add button.
- Drag and drop (needs implementation)

2). Replace All instruments:
- Click the "Replace All" button (needs implementation)
- Delete each instrument one by one and add instrument.

Basically, you would need to add a 'Replace All' button next to the Add and Replace buttons. That will take care of all cases regardless of the preferences.

HTH.
Closed Thread