Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 07-16-2018, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

tommyrack13 is on a distinguished road

From the gorgeous pics of the new GUI that we've been treated to, it really doesn't look like it will be any more complicated from a user standpoint. The one major difference that seems to be in place in regards to how we'll be interacting with the software is the new decay - leave that knob alone and it looks like it should function just like the first one, which can only be a good thing. Hugely excited to get hands on this.

T
Various EWQL & other libraries - Cubase Pro 9.5 - Logic Pro X - Sibelius 7
Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDmike View Post
I have been really happy using Spaces 1 over the past several years, so I'm not sure why I would want to buy a separate new product.

Hopefully, there will be more information soon, but I am doubtful that I would want to add more complexity into my projects. Why can't this just be a Spaces upgrade, adding new reverb options to the original Spaces product?
SPACES II includes 353 brand new reverbs recorded over a 6 month period PLUS all of the content of SPACES I.

The 353 new spaces were deeply sampled, many with instrument specific reverbs similar to the SoCal Hall that was so popular in S1, we believe this is the only reverb on the market with this really important feature which takes the guesswork out of reverb selection.

We rebuilt the interface to include new features including a variable decay time while the decay time in S1 was fixed.

The convolution engine was rebuilt to be more efficient.

There is now a strong visual aspect missing from S1. SPACES II includes images of the spaces sampled, including those in S1. This helps the user decide if the space is consistent with their requirements.

We are confident it's overall a much better product with many great new locations sampled, in fact we strongly believe it's the absolute best reverb on the market due to the R&D we did at the start of the project, the methods we used, and the quality of the equipment we used.

Due to the vast number of changes SPACES II will not recall S1 presets saved in your projects. If you upgrade you will have a choice of loading old projects with the S1 interface or reset them using SPACES II. We will discontinue S1 on the release of SPACES II. Pricing for the S1 to SPACES II upgrade will be published on July 23.

We hope this info helps, we will be updating information on the product page through release date, so check out the manual when that is published in the next week for even more detail.

Last edited by admin; 07-16-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
SPACES II includes 353 brand new reverbs recorded over a 6 month period PLUS all of the content of SPACES I.

The 353 new spaces were deeply sampled, many with instrument specific reverbs similar to the SoCal Hall that was so popular in S1, we believe this is the only reverb on the market with this really important feature which takes the guesswork out of reverb selection.

We rebuilt the interface to include new features including a variable decay time while the decay time in S1 was fixed.

The convolution engine was rebuilt to be more efficient.

There is now a strong visual aspect missing from S1. SPACES II includes images of the spaces sampled, including those in S1. This helps the user decide if the space is consistent with their requirements.

We are confident it's overall a much better product with many great new locations sampled, in fact we strongly believe it's the absolute best reverb on the market due to the R&D we did at the start of the project, the methods we used, and the quality of the equipment we used.

Due to the vast number of changes SPACES II will not recall S1 presets saved in your projects. If you upgrade you will have a choice of loading old projects with the S1 interface or reset them using SPACES II. We will discontinue S1 on the release of SPACES II. Pricing for the S1 to SPACES II upgrade will be published on July 23.

We hope this info helps, we will be updating information on the product page through release date, so check out the manual when that is published in the next week for even more detail.

Very cool. Now I'll finally be able to see where my favorite reverb (SF Hall) was recorded.

Question: will it be VST2 or VST3 format?
Old 07-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Silver Member

MichaelShapiro is on a distinguished road

If I load up a S1 reverb in S2 and dial in the same settings (pre-delay etc) will the result sound comparable or subtly different?
Old 07-17-2018, 06:59 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelShapiro View Post
If I load up a S1 reverb in S2 and dial in the same settings (pre-delay etc) will the result sound comparable or subtly different?
If you don't adjust the Decay Time feature, or change anything else, it will sound the same.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:01 AM
Silver Member

MichaelShapiro is on a distinguished road

Great. I love that it's truly backwards-compatible.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:26 AM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

Can Spaces 1 and Spaces 2 be installed on the same machine as different plug-ins? I'd like to update my template with Spaces 2 on all tracks, but still be able to load old projects with the old template.

I understand I will have a choice upon loading, but making that choice would be an additional step when loading old projects. Can that step be circumvented?
Old 07-19-2018, 04:29 AM

QuestionGuy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to QuestionGuy

Spaces I and II will be different plugins. With choice they mean you can decide which plugin you load. There is no extra step. You have both in your folder/list.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionGuy View Post
Spaces I and II will be different plugins. With choice they mean you can decide which plugin you load. There is no extra step. You have both in your folder/list.
Thank you.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:35 AM

pablo1980 is on a distinguished road

Will Spaces 2 work with Ilok1?