Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Administrator

nviolette is on a distinguished road
Default Announcing PLAY 6.0.2 and updates to Hollywood Choirs

We are pleased to announce some fixes and improvements to PLAY 6 and Hollywood Choirs.

Fixed in PLAY 6.0.2:
Fixed sync issues
Fixed Wordbuilder stuck notes with tempo change
Fixed stuck notes in Wordbuilder when stopping playback
Fixed ProDrummer groove database not being displayed
Added alternatives for unpitched consonants in Wordbuilder
Fixed crash in Pro Tools when saving during playback
Fixed pitch bend max value only displaying semi-tones
Fixed reverb level automation for 25th Anniversary products
Fixed Egyptian microtuning loading up wrong scale
Microtuning now available for Hollywood Series
Controls in Mixer now update values for use with NKS

A new and improved Worldbuilder:
Hollywood Choirs includes a new version of WordBuilder, the program that allows you to type in words and have them sung by a choir. Please see below for descriptions of these new features, including many under-the-hood enhancements.

All New Phrases: Over 100 new phrase presets, and more on the way!
All New Phonemes: New vowel and consonants added for increased realism.
Frequency Dependent Consonants: Non-pitched consonants now sampled with high and low frequency variations.
Independent Handling: All consonants that fall at the end of a word are now handled independent of those that begin a word, resulting in more realistic delivery of words.
Consonant Volume Scaling: WordBuilder detects the number of notes in a chord and ap- plies volume scaling to consonants to ensure the they remain at an intelligible level.
Global Phoneme Balance: Vowels, Pitched Consonants and Non-Pitched Consonants have volume sliders that allow you to adjust the relative balance between phonemes.
Alternative Takes of Non-Pitched Consonants: The importance non-pitched consonants play in creating intelligible words led to the development of a new feature that provides the user with complete control over alternative takes. Instead of using a traditional 'round robin' system that cycles through alternative takes, often leading to inconsistent re- sults, users can now de ne a speci c alternative take of all non-pitched consonants by using a numbering system. For example, if the rst 'S' at the start of the word doesn't sound right repeated later in the word, you can try 'S2', 'S3', or 'S4' until you nd an alternate take that sounds more realistic.
Parameter Grouping: Volume, Pan and Microphone Mix changes are applied across all instruments within a WB Multi. Combined with the existing Reverb Master functional- ity that applies reverb across all instruments within an instance of Play, shaping the mix any way you want is easier than ever.
Sync to DAW: Now you can synchronize the position in WordBuilder's Text Editor to your DAW's sequencer playback.
Ease of Use: Hollywood Choirs was recorded with combined Men and Women sections, allowing for an increase in overall power of the choir by taking advantage of the over- lapping ranges. As an added benefit, this makes setting up WordBuilder with just 2 Voice Types much easier.

Steps to update:
1. Download and install PLAY 6.0.2 from the EastWest Installation Center.
2. Download the Hollywood Choirs update from the EW Installation Center. It will show up in the section "Updates" in the product list.

Your EastWest Team
Old 02-16-2018, 01:34 AM
Silver Member

Raden Agung is on a distinguished road

I bought PLAY6 software and not yet with Hollywood Choirs. Many time tried to find the update but cannot find the update in EW App installer as usually when used PLAY 5. Every time tried using reinstall PLAY from right up drop menu always Install PLAY 6.0.1 version not newest one. Can you help? or anyone?

i already also have installed the newest version of EW app centre
Old 02-16-2018, 02:09 AM
Silver Member

Ah finally the software update comes up.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:38 AM
Silver Member

OMG Connection failed 404

i think you should not advertised it if the server not ready yet. I know now at US is early morning, meanwhile me at Indonesia still daylight. Remember your consumer not only US but around the world. So for now i will wait a while until PLAY 6.0.2 really can to download
Old 02-16-2018, 10:56 AM

Vadium is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nviolette View Post
Microtuning now available for Hollywood Series
Hi!
I am not have Play 6 yet and have 2 questions:
1) Is there Natural (or Just intonation) scale included in Play 6 Microtuning scales?

2) is root note selection control works by midi?

Best regards,
Vadim

VePro slaves: 2 x mac pro (3.3 & 2.4ghz) 12cores, 128ram, PCIe-SSD HyperX Predator x 4

Diamond and Platinum: HO, SO, Pianos and many other.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Hi Raden Agung

Confirming all links are active

Please ensure that you have the latest EastWest Installation Center installed (v1.2.13) which can be downloaded from here -

http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates
Old 02-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nviolette View Post
Hi Raden Agung

Confirming all links are active

Please ensure that you have the latest EastWest Installation Center installed (v1.2.13) which can be downloaded from here -

http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates
I already tried many ways, but still cannot download and EW app said connection failed 404. I tried redownload EW app reinstalled still cannot download newest PLAY 6 update. And now after reinstall again EW app i even cannot enter the app since i uninstaledl via mackeeper . I am using High Sierra. Please help
Old 02-16-2018, 09:55 PM
Administrator

I emailed you directly to help troubleshoot the issue
Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Silver Member

I already contacted mac keeper and by remote assistant they can fix EW app. And also reinstalled by them. And now i can open again the EW app, but still cannot update via EW app. By the the way thank you very much for your email troubleshoot issue. It help a lot for now and can work again with newest PLAY, and i hope EW could patch new update the app soon specially for High Sierra, Thank you nviolette, you are awesome .
Old 02-17-2018, 01:44 AM

giyomu is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am having the same issue as Raden Agung with the connection failed 404 message.

I have installed the Installation center 1.2.13

I am also on High Sierra, but not using any Mac Keeper or such on my system.
It seem to happens only for the Play update as Hollywood choirs update, I can download other libs ( that I have not installed ) without issue.

any help appreciated

Cheers.