Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 12-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Gold Member

Lostin Space is on a distinguished road

The choir is wonderful. Wow. The dynamics are way better than I imagined in my mind. Incredible job.

I have not run into any problems yet, except this very annoying license-error-warning making me "install" the PACE every time I turn on the computer to work with the daw. I run the installer, and it tells me that I already have an installation. And then it works.

Before I updated the win 7 I run into an almost everlasting problem with the "api-ms-win....." error. But I found a way. It has to do with the Visual C++. Wrong versions installed.

But the choir: do not be afraid to buy this incredible choir. Bugs will come and go, and EW will take care of it. I have been here for 11+ years, so I know from experience.

I am running windows 7 (clean install) with all updates, and Reaper.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Silver Member

JBlongz is on a distinguished road
Question Phonemes

For those with the library, I curious of how it can work using Pinyin, the English representation of Chinese pronunciations.

For example:

Wo zai zheli = 我在這裡 = I am here.

If anyone is familiar with mandarin and pinyin, Id like to know how well pinyin can work. It may be a nice tweak to make word builder useful for my Taiwanese clients.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlongz View Post
For those with the library, I curious of how it can work using Pinyin, the English representation of Chinese pronunciations.

For example:

Wo zai zheli = 我在這裡 = I am here.

If anyone is familiar with mandarin and pinyin, Id like to know how well pinyin can work. It may be a nice tweak to make word builder useful for my Taiwanese clients.
Hm ... that's probably a question of trial and error. You'd have to try it yourself and see how it works out.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member

christerholm is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be awesome if someone made a comparison video with HW Choirs and Symphonic Choirs, having them play back exactly the same sentenses
Old 12-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christerholm View Post
It would be awesome if someone made a comparison video with HW Choirs and Symphonic Choirs, having them play back exactly the same sentenses
I did that, but only by way of experiment, the Merry Christmas arrangement I did in Sibelius. This was prompted by someone commenting that HC still didn't sound very convincing. Just wanted to do a double check.

The difference was pretty dramatic -- using the old Symphonic Choirs in the same setup in Sibelius, same lyrics in votox, the lyrics were completely unintelligible.

Not to say that the old Symphonic Choirs are terrible, far from it, but in terms of programming, HC has really made a dramatic stride forward in terms of user friendliness. Big difference.

Didn't make a video of it, by the way, I am not very good at that stuff; and more importantly I don't want to put videos out there disparaging libraries or creating the impression that EW puts out substandard libraries, either in the past or at present.

Last edited by admin; 12-17-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
The difference was pretty dramatic -- using the old Symphonic Choirs in the same setup in Sibelius, same lyrics in votox, the lyrics were completely unintelligible.

Not to say that the old Symphonic Choirs are terrible, far from it, but in terms of programming, HC has really made a dramatic stride forward in terms of user friendliness. Big difference.
We suggest Symphonic Choirs users (or anyone else) join ComposerCloud for one month to check out Hollywood Choirs.

One month of ComposerCloud is the same price as the PLAY 6 upgrade (which is included in ComposerCloud), and even if you leave at the end of the month you get to keep PLAY 6.

If you stay (or upgrade to the lower priced CCX) you will not only get Hollywood Choirs, but upcoming releases including Voices of the Empire, Spaces 2, and others currently in production that will be released during the next year.

http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud

Last edited by admin; 12-17-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Hollywood Choirs improv from a YT user ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9mVD0m91o
Old 12-23-2017, 01:06 PM

NicolasRoy is on a distinguished road

Quick question,
Were the choir recorded at EW Studio One like the rest of the Hollywood Series ? Sorry, I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Silver Member

shambler is on a distinguished road

It's just amazing isn't it?
Composer Cloud
Old 12-25-2017, 04:53 PM

Kabirdi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasRoy View Post
Quick question,
Were the choir recorded at EW Studio One like the rest of the Hollywood Series ? Sorry, I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Thanks
Wouldn't mind knowing if it was recorded in EW Studio One too! couldn't find it in the manual anywhere or the product information webpage.

Thanks!