Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 11:19 AM

SirBungly is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Best EastWest ComposerCloud Libraries

I'm looking to get the student version of composer cloud to help with my studies, but I can only choose 7 libraries.

Which would be the best ones to choose?

I'm looking for mainly orchestral libraries, but also for a large range of other instruments (world, rock, jazz, edm, etc.)

Any suggestions welcome as I am quite new to all of this!

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:03 PM

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

If I were looking to get the most versatility out of the libraries I would choose the Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Pianos Gold, Stormdrum 3, Ra, Silk, and then two of the following: (if you want to use Choirs at all) Symphonic Choirs, Ghostwriter, Gypsy, or Stormdrum 2.

This would give you more of the orchestral side of things. If you are specifically looking for EDM or Jazz options you might choose to go a different way (for example, Goliath actually has Saxophones/Pop Brass and no other library has the saxophone voice). Trying to make EDM may prove difficult with some of these libraries as well (Ghostwriter has some useful synth/leads and Stormdrum will be helpful as well.

Last edited by admin; 03-20-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Silver Member

Fleer is on a distinguished road

Hollywood Brass, Percussion, Strings and Woodwinds, Ghostwriter, Gypsy and Silk.
Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Hollywood Solo Violin Diamond, Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Choirs, VOTA, Pianos Platinum, Fab Four, Ghostwriter, Gypsy, Silk, Voices of Passion, Spaces
Old 03-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBungly View Post
I'm looking to get the student version of composer cloud to help with my studies, but I can only choose 7 libraries.

Which would be the best ones to choose?

I'm looking for mainly orchestral libraries, but also for a large range of other instruments (world, rock, jazz, edm, etc.)

Any suggestions welcome as I am quite new to all of this!

Thanks!
What are your computer specs? I love the Hollywood Orchestra series but they are quite demanding on CPU and RAM ... if you're a student the Symphonic Orchestra is a great way to start.

And it all depends on what type of music you want to make of course.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM

SirBungly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
What are your computer specs? I love the Hollywood Orchestra series but they are quite demanding on CPU and RAM ... if you're a student the Symphonic Orchestra is a great way to start.

And it all depends on what type of music you want to make of course.
I'm running an i7 6700, a 980ti with 16gb ram. I'm probably going to go for the 4 orchestral libraries (Hollywood) and could do with some suggestions for the other 3. Goliath looks pretty cool, and symphonic choirs and pianos. Any thoughts on these?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Silver Member

Fleer is on a distinguished road

Goliath is generic but somewhat old. Choirs and Pianos are also old but still pretty good.
Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Hollywood Solo Violin Diamond, Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Choirs, VOTA, Pianos Platinum, Fab Four, Ghostwriter, Gypsy, Silk, Voices of Passion, Spaces
Closed Thread

Tags
composer cloud, libraries, samples, student