Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 05:04 PM

woodsglen is on a distinguished road
Default Wordbuilder and Diction Forum

Need I say more?

I think a lot of us with just a few very painful hours under our belts could use a forum where questions about diction, words, phrases ( especially for church music ) are asked and answered.

I've been hours trying to figure out several simle words that just don't cut it and have no "bite" are very weak in comparison.

The Phrase library they provide.. well... Let us walk in the darkness.

The latin will really come in handy for sure... but for now it's Christmas and the library just isn't that "Cheerful" LOL

So.. a central spot to share ideas just on word builder. Holding Vowels over long series of notes, dealing with consonants and articulation.

Yada Yada...

We're not all scoring films... some of us are just lowly church musicians and / or everyday Players who are in it just of for the fun of making music, even if we're the only ones that hear it.

Now back to what I was looking for in word builder "text"..
Thanks for listening

So.. What say you?
Old 12-12-2015, 09:07 AM

miekwave is on a distinguished road

I think it would be a good idea for EWQL to simply provide us with a "Phrase List" template downloads that is compatible with SC the the Word Builder challenged. I mean it took me 30 minutes to get phonetics + envelopes just right for phrase for 2 bars.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:37 PM

woodsglen is on a distinguished road

It's not so much on EWQL, even tough i personally feel we could learn more if their supplied phrase library was a little more though out, too much of the same " sounds and words".. but that's neither here nor there.

I think It's up to us to collaborate. I'll contribute more when I finish my baptism by firel
And more people know more than me because I've only use the program for a couple days, so I may be approaching things from the wrong angle,

I'm glad I'm not alone here.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

IMO, I don't think you'll ever get the "choir" to sing everything like you intend. I just don't think Wordbuilder has the technology to do that; it can come close, but that's about it. It's better suited as singing "gibberish" if you will, and does a great job at sounding epic when blended with a full orchestra (trailer music, etc). I gave up trying to make it say certain phrases not long after I first bought it (eight or so years ago??).