Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

chlady is on a distinguished road
Default Native Instruments S series keyboard and EastWest

I just got a NI S series 61 keyboard and have just started scratching the surface with it . They also have an 88 key hammer action as well . It is definitely pretty cool with the mapping etc. and becoming a real time saver.

A lot of other software manufacturers Arturia, Project sam etc. have been jumping on board with the NKS format to work with the S series keyboard I was wondering if East West has any plans for incorporating this format to their software as I'd love to incorporate the search functions with all my EW libraries as well some tweaking with the keyboard mapping.

DP 9.13, Mac Pro 3.33 GHZ 12 core , OS 10.8.5, 64GB ram

EWQLSO Platinum Plus, EWSC, Fab Four, Gypsy, RA, Silk, Goliath, Stormdrum 2 &3, VOP, EWQL Pianos, Pro Drummer, Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood WW, Hollywood Percussion, Spaces, VE Pro 5, Komplete 9 ultimate, Arturia Collection4, Project Sam Symphobia,
MOTU 2408mk3, UA Apollo 8, and UA plugins, 4 SSD HDs,
Old 02-13-2017, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

C4L88 is on a distinguished road

I definitely like the idea.

I've messed around with those keyboards before and I love it for the sole fact of the lighting showing where the keyswitches and playable ranges are.

Especially helpful when using an instrument like a trombone or tuba where the keyswitches are moved to the higher registers
-All Samples on External 4TB OWC Thunderybay 4
-Logic Pro X (10.3), OS X 10.11. (El Capitan)

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/conrad-robertson

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." -Gustav Mahler
Old 02-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

chlady is on a distinguished road

Yes seeing the key switch locations with the light guide is a great idea as well as with drum program mapping to see where snares, toms, cymbals etc. are all located with different libraries.

Also having access in the keyboard browser calling up bass sounds etc. from different EW libraries would be a great feature. These are all nice features and real time savers. I hope EW would consider implementing the NKS format with their libraries.

I was hoping perhaps someone from EW might comment on this.

DP 9.13, Mac Pro 3.33 GHZ 12 core , OS 10.8.5, 64GB ram

EWQLSO Platinum Plus, EWSC, Fab Four, Gypsy, RA, Silk, Goliath, Stormdrum 2 &3, VOP, EWQL Pianos, Pro Drummer, Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood WW, Hollywood Percussion, Spaces, VE Pro 5, Komplete 9 ultimate, Arturia Collection4, Project Sam Symphobia,
MOTU 2408mk3, UA Apollo 8, and UA plugins, 4 SSD HDs,