Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 05:09 PM

Riyujin is on a distinguished road
Default Where to find those kind of sounds ?

Hi guys,

I'm using the ComposerCloud, the fact that there is too much instruments always lead me to look for a needle in a hay stack.

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of libraries I could use to make this kind of music : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfL5HfHItH0

I found few reverse drops with the Bass but they are too "weak".

I might do a total checkup which will take me 5 hours at least, but if anyone knows it would be great !

Thank in advance,

Riyujin
Old 03-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Silver Member

tommyrack13 is on a distinguished road

Hi Riyujin - which parts specifically are you looking for?

The rumpfs, swooshes, and other sound design elements are present in the Stormdrum 2 library. The heavy guitars, bass and drums would be probably in Ministry Of Rock 2 or Ghostwriter. Orchestral parts are either Hollywood or Symphonic Orchestra, and choirs in Symphonic Choirs. Synth elements, I'm not sure - maybe The Dark Side?

Best of luck!
Tom
Various EWQL & other libraries - Cubase Pro 9.5 - Logic Pro X - Sibelius 7
Old 03-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

C4L88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyrack13 View Post
Synth elements, I'm not sure - maybe The Dark Side?
Tom
Maybe 25th anniversary collection too?
Dark Side and 25th anniversary are some of the few EW I don't own
-All Samples on External 4TB OWC Thunderybay 4
-Logic Pro X (10.3), OS X 10.11. (El Capitan)

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/conrad-robertson

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." -Gustav Mahler
Old 03-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyujin View Post
I'm using the ComposerCloud, the fact that there is too much instruments always lead me to look for a needle in a hay stack.
You will be pleased to know we are finishing a year long project to include an extensive instrument search database, with user comments and favorites tagging, in PLAY that will find what you are looking for across all 54 collections and display them all in one browser column ready to load; with new releases added upon release. We don't have a release date, it's still in development, but hopefully around summer/fall this year. This will be great for ComposerCloud subscribers with access to over 10,000 instruments and particularly new ComposerCloud subscribers that aren't familiar with which instruments reside where. It's been a lot of work but we believe this will really speed up the process of composing with quick access to the right instruments.

Last edited by admin; 03-06-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You will be pleased to know we are finishing a year long project to include an extensive instrument search database, with user comments and favorites tagging, in PLAY that will find what you are looking for across all 54 collections and display them all in one browser column ready to load; with new releases added upon release. We don't have a release date, it's still in development, but hopefully around summer/fall this year. This will be great for ComposerCloud subscribers with access to over 10,000 instruments and particularly new ComposerCloud subscribers that aren't familiar with which instruments reside where. It's been a lot of work but we believe this will really speed up the process of composing with quick access to the right instruments.
Awesome ! Can't wait for that

And thank you very much tommyrack13, I'll check it out but I have strong intuition that you are right for what you hesitated !

Last edited by admin; 03-06-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
That would be cool! Much like Omnisphere and Alchemy.

Last edited by admin; 03-06-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 PM

But for exemple, in the music, the very first sound. Any idea where to find this kind of "hard/fast woosh" ?
And for the reverse drops, drops, and cymbals (at 15 sec in the music), I didn't find anything that correspond me, but I'm sure there are some.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Silver Member

tommyrack13 is on a distinguished road

The very first sound in the music sounds like some kind of bass drum with reverb applied to me. If you have access to Stormdrum 3, the Remo Rosebowl in the "Big Drums" folder has a lovely sub resonance that you can blend with another low hit with a more noticeable attack and then add reverb. If not and you want something a bit more ready made, try the Ambient Largeness patch in Stormdrum 2's "Sound Design Percussion" folder - there are a few variations that work, but try the sample triggered by B1.
Various EWQL & other libraries - Cubase Pro 9.5 - Logic Pro X - Sibelius 7
Old 03-06-2017, 01:28 PM

Thanks for that, the rose bowl is nice. However I don't really know what you mean by "blending with another hit".

And the Ambient Largeness is great also. I think that i'll stick with the last one. I find that the FX part in all musics is the hardest, it's always a stuggle to find the "perfect one". Although I can just modify anything, I'm not good at it for now.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:40 PM

I found my happiness in the Sound Design Percussion ! Thank you very much. The "Rumpfs" and all the stuff I've always wanted are here !!
Closed Thread