Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 AM

DonaldM is on a distinguished road
Default Drum MIDI Files

Are there any MIDI files available for use with the Dark Side drum kits? Not being a drummer/percussionist I find it helpful to at least have a starting point to get a good rhythm going. Its easier for me to edit an existing MIDI drum track than create something from scratch.

I was also wondering if there might be another set of MIDI files available for SD2 in addition to the ones it came with. I found those really useful in getting things going for a composition. I edited them to death...but they make great starting points. Another set of these would be most welcome for us non-percussionists!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:25 AM
Silver Member

Oldfield is on a distinguished road

Are you a member of composercloud? ProDrummer(s) have loooads of midi grooves - not sure if you could use those/adapt them?

Last edited by admin; 03-07-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Silver Member

Raden Agung is on a distinguished road

Use ProDrummer 1&2. There is so so so many midi file that you can drag the midi file from PLAY 5 to DAW. Then you can change the sound to The Dark Side

Last edited by admin; 03-08-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:39 PM

ccmillar3@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Have just been using ProDrummer for a week now, and it really has some great MIDI files.

Some real 'kick-ass' grooves, fills, and overall musicality that is easy to work with.

As with any MIDI drum files, you have to spend some time finding the perfect feel for your project.... but, that's the trade-off when not having a really great drummer in the room.

But, there aren't any weak links in ProDrummer compared to anything else out there.

Plus, I'm glad I use my Groove Monkey drum grooves that I had bought for 'Ministry of Rock'. They work fine with ProDrummer too.