Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Music Cafe

Old 02-17-2017, 03:39 PM

Mority is on a distinguished road
Default Hollywood Orchestra

This song is composed with FL Studio and Hollywood Orchestra.
https://soundcloud.com/mority/hollywood-orchestra
Old 02-18-2017, 04:01 PM

thediegmyster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thediegmyster
Default Hollywood Orchestra

I can appreciate the work put into this and you did an excellent job putting this together. I am more of a traditional orchestral listener so I'm not the biggest fan of this style writing. Personally I felt this moved like a freeway with an immediate 65 miles an hour and an immediate off ramp with a red light. I kind of wish you took me for more of a scenery route instead. I found the harmonic structure behind this song to be very interesting but still really safe. I appreciated the change in modes as you introduced Dorian for a little while. Overall its foundation is nice but its a bit generic for me. I would like to hear chordal changes and more changes in the melody. Also, love the Hollywood Orchestra sound.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

::Symphonic Orchestra Gold, QL Pianos, Symphonic Orchestra Choirs, Voices Of Passion::

:: Vista OS :: HP Blackbird 002 LCi quadcore 3.3ghz::
Old 02-19-2017, 03:40 AM

Mority is on a distinguished road

Ha, i think you are right with your feedback. I programmed a vst arpegiator that i used to compose it. Allmost all notes are on the chord that is playing at the moment. This is very limiting. It is also pretty repetitive apart from the chord progression itself. The freeway analogy is also on point . One could almost say that it is composed like a trance song but with orchestral instruments.

I try to make music like Jeremy Soule because i think that's a realistic goal for me to reach. I (think) i understand what is going on in his music at least in theroy. But there is also a lot of orchestral music that leaves me clueless as of what i just heard. I would love to make this kind of music as well but it isn't realistic at the moment. Well, music composition is a complicated topic. At least for me.

EDIT: You correctly identified the change of modes between Dorian and Aeolian.

Last edited by Mority; 02-19-2017 at 04:09 AM.