Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Piano Pete is on a distinguished road
Default Repetition Patchs vs Measured Tremolo: Suggestions?

For measured tremolo and repetition patches, are there any methods for changing the subdivision? It seems to just be locked into sixteenth notes.

If this is not possible, would it be optimal to use the repetition Performance control on short patches?

Finally, what is an optimal method of stitching together a continuous measured tremolo line? From my experiments, even using two separate measured tremolo patches creates a pumping sensation at the start of the next note, or loop.

Slave: Windows 10, CPU-Xeon 2680, Radeon 240, MB-Asus x99 WS-E 3.1, 64GB DDR4, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (OS), 2x Samsung 850 Evo 1TB (Samples), WD 1TB HD (Storage).

Samples: EW Hollywood Orchestra, Gypsy, Solo Violin, Choirs (expansion), Spaces. CCX.

DAW- Cubase, Protools, VEP5, Keyboard- Alesis Q88, Midi Controller- Nektar Panorama P1
Old 03-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Piano Pete is on a distinguished road

After messing with the measured tremolo and repetition patches, I think the best effect comes from using the Staccato Bow on Stringx9 patches with repetition. After some tweaks to velocity and dynamics, seems to work nicely when layered with everything else.

Slave: Windows 10, CPU-Xeon 2680, Radeon 240, MB-Asus x99 WS-E 3.1, 64GB DDR4, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (OS), 2x Samsung 850 Evo 1TB (Samples), WD 1TB HD (Storage).

Samples: EW Hollywood Orchestra, Gypsy, Solo Violin, Choirs (expansion), Spaces. CCX.

DAW- Cubase, Protools, VEP5, Keyboard- Alesis Q88, Midi Controller- Nektar Panorama P1
Old 03-16-2017, 03:38 AM
Silver Member

tommyrack13 is on a distinguished road

Hi Pete,

If you are willing to do a bit of a workaround, you can also fake (ish) the same effect. Say your project is running at 140BPM and the Measured/Rep patches are playing 16th notes but you want 8th notes. You can create another session with the Measured/Rep patch where the tempo is 70BPM, which effectively would create 8th notes at 140BPM. Play your part, bounce it to audio, and reimport to your main session.

It's possible to do this all within one session of course, the important thing is the tempo change -> bounce to audio -> back to original tempo. You can do the maths to figure out different subdivisions at different tempos, but hopefully that should make sense?

Stitching it together continuously is something I find to be easier if you do that in audio too - bounce it, then use crossfades. It can help to have two identical tracks/patches with a slight overlap between each note so that you can fade in the second one as the first one is ending, and then the first one as the second is ending, and repeat. If you work your CCs it's possible to get there in MIDI too.

T
Closed Thread