Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 02-20-2019, 03:54 AM

Fcraine is on a distinguished road
Default Preview sounds in Komplete Kontrol keyboard?

Hi!

I have tried to get an answer on this but not lucky yet.

Anyone knows if there is possible to use the functionality preview sound on Komplete Kontrol keyboard using EW libraries?

I had read is possible but just on your DAW not when using the stand alone app from NK. But I didnít be able to get this work even on CUBASE.

Any view on this???
Thanks!!!
Old 02-20-2019, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

It's available.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, My Template, Tips and Tricks, OS & DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung 1x T1 & 2x T5 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii

Last edited by LMW; 02-28-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:59 PM

ectoplasm88 is on a distinguished road

How do we do it though? When I bring up an East West instrument in the komplete Kontrol library browser I don't get a preview sounds playing. I still have to load the instrument which is very time consuming. There are a few people out there supplying enhancements so you can get previews (which I understand are actually little audio files not the instrument getting loaded). Any advice on the best way to audition sounds would be appreciated. I'll continue searching the forums. I was hoping I'd see something in the Play 6 browser but I don't see it there either.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:33 PM

bigfatwombat is on a distinguished road

My Komplete Kontrol standalone has NKS support but there is no preview. I think LMW may have misunderstood the question.

I believe all three of us are referring to the ability for komplete kontrol to play a brief preview audio byte when you select a sound in the browser list WITHOUT ever having to actually load the instrument. From what I can tell this is done by including a short audio file which KK simply plays back. EW NKS support doesn't appear to include this.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?...dates&article=

Scroll down to NKS Support Installer
Old 03-17-2019, 01:15 PM

All of us have already run the nks installer. Like was previously stated (some) of the products do then show up in the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine applications and have some control mappings. What they don't do is allow for the auditioning of each instrument without loading the instrument. With other non NI instruments there is usually also an accompanying download of audio clips for this. Some are supplied by the 3rd party and some are actually done by 4th party individuals (Spectrasonics Omnisphere has a couple of folk that have done this). What we all want is for EW to supply these as well. Its one of the best parts about being NKS compatible for me. You can so quickly preview/ audition sounds. Its great. The installer is definitely not sucking down or installing extra files for me so far as I can tell. If we're doing something wrong some additional instructions aside from a link to where the installer is would be appreciated.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:33 AM

Guidop is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just installed the NKS support Installer and opend Komplete Kontrol. I have Voices of the Empire, Voices of Passion and Symphonic Choirs, all in the same folder on my PC. Voices of the Empire does not show up in KK.
Any idea why?
Old 03-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

It will be in the next update
Old 03-26-2019, 01:37 PM

Will any of the products include preview sounds in the next update? When can we expect the next update?
Old 05-26-2019, 06:42 PM

tonyalexa is on a distinguished road

As easy as it seems to be to understand.... somehow, I get the feeling that no one from EW understands this question. Or, the answer is no and no one wants to say it. I gave up a long time ago because I hardly use the EW products I own anymore. I just came by to see if this was ever answered and it looks like that's a "no".