Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 04-19-2019, 02:05 PM

Joesax is on a distinguished road
Default Joesax- A New Member From Southern NJ

Hi:

Not only new to the forum but also to the EastWest Libraries. I've taken advantage of recent sales last month and this month to buy:

Symphonic Orchestra
Symphonic Choirs
Hollywood Strings, Woodwinds and Brass

I waited for some time to make these purchases as I am also new to Multi Track recording with a DAW. Although I've been composing and recording for several years I've been doing "live" recordings using my Yamaha Motif/Montage and Tyros 3. I create the backing tracks and then hit the record button, play and record direct to disk. Kind of nerve racking way to do it as I have to do several takes to get it right. One wrong note at the end and it's over. Most of my works would be considered Soft Jazz and I wanted to move on to more complex orchestral compositions. To do that I needed to learn how to use a DAW and Multi Track plus develop a new way of working. I had some limited success with Cubase Elements but what really got me over the hump was GarageBand 10 which is a subset of Logic Pro. So about a month ago I was able to compose and record a work using that DAW. Once that was done I realized I needed better Orchestral sounds. Hence my EastWest purchases. And now I recently completed another work combining Symphonic Orchestra and some of the sounds from my Tyros and Montage. Looking forward to improving my skills and what I can learn from those much more experienced than me on this forum.

PS: I played Tenor Sax for many years in a band and about 10 years ago sold my sax and bought my first keyboard and haven't looked back.

Joe
Old 04-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe,

welcome to the forum and Happy Easter.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, OS & DAWs - "On Drives" is being Updated
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii